Compliance with Laws and Regulations
MICRONICS JAPAN CO., LTD. (the “Company”) shall handle personal information properly in accordance with the “Act on the Protection of Personal Information” and its related laws and regulations as well as generally accepted practices regarding handling of personal information when collecting, using and providing personal information.
Collection and Use
The Company shall explicitly specify the purpose of use of personal information, collect information in an appropriate and fair manner, and use it only for the purpose of use.
Provision to Third Parties
The Company shall not provide personal information to any third party without prior consent of the relevant individual except in the cases described below; provided, however, that if the Company outsources handling of personal information to a service provider, the Company shall take appropriate measures to ensure that the service provider will safely handle personal information within the scope of the contracted service(s).
- If required to provide or disclose personal information by law;
- If it is necessary to provide or disclose personal information to protect life, health or property, and it is difficult to obtain consent from the relevant individual;
- If it is particularly necessary to provide or disclose personal information for the improvement of public health or promotion of the sound development of children, and it is difficult to obtain consent from the relevant individual;
- If it is necessary to cooperate with a national or local government organization in performing the affairs stipulated by law, and obtaining consent from the relevant individual is likely to impede the performance of such affairs; or
- If it is considered appropriate to provide or disclose personal information so that the Company's affiliated companies can respond to customers' inquiries.
The Company shall take necessary measures to prevent unauthorized access, loss, destruction, alteration and leakage of personal information, and strive to ensure the secure management of personal information. The Company shall also continuously review and strive to improve handling of personal information, and is committed to ensuring that all officers and employees are aware of the proper handling of personal information.
Disclosure and Correction
If any relevant individual requests that the Company disclose, correct or delete his or her personal information, the Company shall respond, within a reasonable scope, to the request by disclosing, correcting or deleting the personal information after verifying the identity of the relevant individual.
Compliance with Laws, Regulations and Standards, and Reviews